SMAART Minds IPad Program
Equipment Pool IPADS Progra
The Spinal Muscular Atrophy Association of Australia Incorporated has an equipment lending library and “loans” various pieces of equipment to people with SMA this could include items to aid lifting help breathing and coughing, and also to advance and enhance your mind.
We have been successful in receiving funding from donors to enable us to provide IPAD’S to people affected with SMA. We all know we need specialist equipment for our everyday tasks, but what about keeping our mind active? In 2012 we hope to ‘loan 20 iPads to families with SMA.
Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (03) 9545 3633 for an application form and requirements.
All equipment purchased by the Spinal Muscular Atrophy Association of Australia remains the property of the charity. This equipment will be loaned in good faith to successful applications within the program.
IPAD PREOGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
- Any family or person requesting the loan of an iPad must be a financial member of the SMAAA. While you are receipt of the Ipad.
- Any family or person requesting the loan of an iPad must apply to the committee of management in writing requesting a Ipad.They must state in the application how they think this would benefit themselves or their child ( if parent applying)
- Please note these iPads are for educational purposes and we would like to see your application reflect this.
- The Committee of Management along with the staff will decide who receives an iPAD. Each case will be treated on individual basis.
- The IPAD will be “on loan” to the family for a period of 12 Months. At the completion of this term. The family or person is eligible to apply for the continuation on of use.
- SMAAA would expect that the IPAD will be looked after as if it were your own. General wear and tear is acceptable, but you will be asked to replace the iPAD if it is damaged or impair able
- The family or person will have to pay for any further appropriate apps to add to the iPAD.
- If SMA Australia discovers miss use of IPAD we reserve the right to ask for the iPAD to be returned the office.
- SMA Australia will pay for the Apple Care-which is technical support through apple for 2 years only.
- Any family or person who receives an IPAD must be prepared to promote SMA & Charity, a and where possible be available for interviews (usually a local newspaper).